The Collegiate Challenge welcomes university students to join the sport of triathlon and to enjoy an active life style.
The school with the fastest combined times of their top two teams will win the Collegiate Challenge.
- Race Distance: Olympic Distance Relay (1.5 K Swim, 40 K Bike, 10 K Run)
- Race Date: September 10th, 2017
– Team members must be full-time students in a colleges or universities (earning an Associate Degree, Bachelor, Master, PhD, and/or degrees). International students welcome.
All schools MUST enter at least 2 teams (6 people), no more than 3 teams (9 people).
– Must remain as full-time students on the date of September 10, 2017.
– Must be 18 or older.
– Team can be all male, all female, or mixed. The school with the fastest combined times of their top two teams will win the Collegiate Challenge
– Each team member can only compete in one leg of the race.
– Athletes must have the appropriate equipment to compete (bicycle, racing suit, etc.)top
- Feb 15– Apr 10 — CNY 325 per team member
- Apr 11 – Jun 25 — CNY 425 per team member
- Jun 26 – Aug 6 — CNY 525 per team member
- Aug 7 – Sept 2 — CNY 900 per team member
– Each team member must register and pay separately. All relay team members must sign up before the relay category is sold out or before September 1 at 12 PM.
– Each Team Member’s Entry Fee include: race t-shirt, Finisher medal, participant gift bag, invitations to the Welcome Reception Dinner (Sept. 8), Pre-race Energy Dinner (Sept. 9), and Post Race Finish Line Food and Beverage (Sept. 10), bike course tour, access to the in-house bike mechanic, and more!
– Race day insurance will be provided to all racing athletes.
– Insurance coverage details will be posted soon.top
How to register:
Please email Beijingtri@img.com with the following information:
- School Name (School affiliated Triathlon Club’s Name, if applicable):
- Team Names, Name of Each Participant, and His/Her Racing Leg:
- Team Main Contact’s Name and Phone:
- Scan of the student ID from all team members.
Upon receiving your email, race organizer will send you the registration link.top
Winning school will receive trophy on the center stage in the Awards Ceremony. All team members from the winning school will be invited to the stage.top
Each team is made up of 3 participants, each member racing in one leg of the race – swim, bike, or run. All team members must check-in onsite at registration to pick up their race packets. (Relay members CANNOT pick up race packets for their teammates)
Each relay team will be assigned one race number. The swimmer will pick up the swim cap and timing chip, the biker will pick up the bike number and helmet stickers and the runner will pick up the bib number. Relay teams will transfer the timing chip and ankle strap by their assigned bike rack. (The timing chip is the “baton”). The swimmer is responsible for the 600 meters run to the transition area after he/she exits the water.
Collegiate Challenge registration fee is non-refundable. Those on relay teams must find a replacement and notify race organizer via email: Beijingtri@img.com no later than 12 PM on September 1, 2017. New member must complete the registration within 48 hours. New team member must meet the Collegiate Challenge requirements.top top